Vape Kit & Vape Pods
Melbourne Vape's range of vape starter kits, electronic cigarettes & vape pods have been chosen to give you the best vaping experience at the most affordable price. All of our vape starter kits at Melbourne Vapes are fully refillable and easy to recharge which makes the overall experience easier for you when starting out. We source our vape starter kits from leading brands such as Uwell, Geekvape & Vaporesso. Take a look at our options below to see which vape starter kit best suits you.
Vape Starter Kits & Vape Pod Systems
What's the difference between a vape kit and a pod system?
Vape starter kits and pod systems are two common types of vaping devices, each with its own set of characteristics and features. Here's a comparison of the two to highlight their differences:
- Size & Shape: Vape starter kits are typically larger and more robust in design. They often resemble traditional box mods or pen-style devices. These kits are more substantial and may have adjustable features. Pod systems are compact and lightweight, often resembling USB drives or small pens. They are designed for portability and discretion.
- Components: A vape starter kit consists of multiple components, including a battery or mod, a tank or atomizer, coils, and sometimes additional accessories. Users can often customize settings like wattage and airflow. A pod system consists of a rechargeable battery and a pod cartridge. The pod is either pre-filled with e-liquid and contains the coil, or requires filling with e-liquid, depending on the type of pod. Pod systems are typically draw-activated, meaning there are no buttons to press.
- E-Liquid Compatibility: Vape starter kits are versatile and can typically accommodate a wide range of e-liquids, including traditional freebase nicotine e-liquids. Pod systems are primarily designed for use with nicotine salts or high-nicotine e-liquids. Some may also support standard e-liquids.
- Customisation: Users have greater control over their vaping experience with starter kits. They can adjust settings, change coils, and use a variety of tanks to achieve different vaping styles. Pod systems offer limited customisation options, as most are designed for simplicity and ease of use. Users cannot adjust wattage or airflow settings, but this can sometimes be changed with different coils, depending on the device you purchase.
- Maintenance: Maintenance for starter kits may be more involved, with regular coil changes, tank cleaning, and battery management. Maintenance is minimal for pod systems. When the pod is empty, it is replaced with a new one. There is no need to change coils or clean tanks for most pod systems.
- Portability: Vape starter kits can be large and bulky devices, like box mods, whereas pod systems are highly portable and user-friendly, making them suitable for those who want a hassle-free vaping experience on the go.
- Cloud Production: Starter kits often have more power and can produce larger vapor clouds, making them suitable for those who enjoy cloud-chasing, whereas pod systems are more discreet with smaller clouds.
The choice between a vape starter kit and a pod system depends on individual preferences and vaping goals. Starter kits offer more customisation and versatility, while pod systems prioritise simplicity and portability, making them an excellent choice for those new to vaping or looking for a convenient and discreet option.
What is a vape kit?
A vape starter kit is a comprehensive package designed to provide individuals with everything they need to begin their vaping journey. It serves as an all-in-one solution for those who are new to vaping or transitioning from traditional smoking to the world of e-cigarettes. These kits are carefully curated to include essential components that make vaping accessible and user-friendly.
At the core of a vape starter kit is the battery or mod, which provides the power necessary to heat the coil and turn the e-liquid into vapor. These batteries come in various shapes and sizes, ranging from pen-style devices to more advanced box mods. The choice of the battery often depends on the user's preferences and experience level.
Accompanying the battery is a tank or atomizer, where the e-liquid is stored. This component plays a crucial role in the overall vaping experience, as it determines factors such as flavour, vapor production, and the ability to adjust settings. Some starter kits may include additional features, like variable wattage or temperature control options, allowing users to fine-tune their vaping experience.
Coils are also included in a typical starter kit. These are replaceable heating elements that are essential for vaporizing the e-liquid. Users should expect to change coils periodically, as they tend to wear out over time and affect the quality of vapor produced.
What's included in a vape kit?
A vape starter kit typically includes essential components and accessories to provide users with a comprehensive vaping experience. These kits commonly consist of a rechargeable battery or mod, a tank or atomizer for holding e-liquid, coils for heating, and a mouthpiece. Some kits may also include a USB charging cable, user manual for guidance, and spare parts for maintenance. E-liquid may or may not be included, depending on regional regulations and package details. The inclusion of additional accessories can vary, such as a coil tool or replacement glass for the tank. It's important to review the specific contents of your starter kit, as they can vary based on the manufacturer and intended vaping style
How do I use a vape kit?
Using a vape starter kit is a straightforward process. First, ensure your battery or mod is fully charged. Next, fill the tank with your preferred e-liquid by unscrewing the top or bottom, depending on the model. Allow the coil to soak for a few minutes to prevent dry hits. Then, attach the tank to the battery or mod, ensuring a secure connection.
If your kit has adjustable settings, like wattage or airflow, configure them to your preference. Finally, press the fire button (if your device has one) and inhale from the mouthpiece to start vaping. When you're finished, store the kit properly, clean it as needed, and replace coils as they wear out. The user manual included in your starter kit provides detailed instructions specific to your device, making the process user-friendly, even for beginners.
Can I customise the settings on my vape kit?
The extent of customization on a vape starter kit largely depends on the model and its features. Some starter kits offer limited customisation options, such as variable wattage or voltage settings, which allow you to adjust the power output to control the intensity of your vaping experience. Others may include adjustable airflow settings, enabling you to fine-tune the airflow to suit your preferences.
However, many starter kits are designed for simplicity, catering to beginners, and may have fewer customisation options compared to more advanced mods. If customisation is a priority for you, it's essential to carefully review the specifications of your specific starter kit to determine the available settings and adjustability.
How often should I replace the coil in my vape kit?
The frequency of coil replacement in your starter kit depends on various factors, including your vaping habits, the type of e-liquid you use, and the quality of the coil itself. In general, coils can last anywhere from one to two weeks with regular usage.
Signs that it's time to replace the coil include a burnt taste, decreased vapor production, or a change in flavour. If you notice any of these symptoms, it's a good indicator that your coil needs replacement. It's a best practice to have spare coils on hand so that you can replace them when needed to ensure a consistently enjoyable vaping experience.
Can I mix E Liquids together in my vape kit or pod system?
Yes, you can mix different e-liquids together in your vape tank to create unique flavour combinations. This practice is often referred to as "e-liquid blending" or "e-liquid mixing." However, there are a few things to keep in mind. Ensure that the flavours you're combining are complementary, as some flavour pairings may not taste pleasant when mixed.
Additionally, be aware of nicotine levels if you're using e-liquids with different nicotine strengths, as this will affect the overall nicotine content of the blend. Mixing e-liquids is a great way to experiment and find a flavour profile that suits your taste, but it's a good idea to start with small quantities and take notes on the ratios and flavour combinations you enjoy to recreate them in the future.